She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. -Proverbs 31:13

http://www.etsy.com/shop/tangledfibers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Quilted Felt


I didn't originally intend to quilt the polka dots on the bag. The merino wool is nuno felted onto red silk and the red dye ran and tinged the white pink! The pink and brown didn't look very good, so I felted a piece of white with brown polka dots. The dots are the same color brown as the bag, but I put the darker side in to make it look more interesting. But I was afraid the white would slide around if I only sewed the perimeter, so the obvious solution was to quilt each dot, anchoring the white in place.

The handles are belts that have been repurposed into handles.

I like larger bags like this to have a flat bottom so you can set them on the floor without them falling over.

No comments:

Post a Comment